This Banana Pudding recipe is a no-bake dessert with layers of contemporary banana slices, a wealthy and creamy vanilla pudding layer, and freshly whipped cream!
That is the right make-ahead dessert and successful any time of 12 months.
An Straightforward Make-Forward Dessert
Selfmade Banana Pudding is a kind of desserts that everybody appears to like. There are various variations of this recipe together with the well-known Magnolia Bakery banana pudding (actually SO good) however this recipe is a straightforward, fast, and scrumptious favourite!
- straightforward to make – no baking required
- prep forward
- household favourite
Elements for Banana Pudding
Crust Layer – ‘Nilla Wafers cookies as the bottom. These soften up and tackle a cake-like texture. Different choices for cookies are graham crackers, digestive biscuits, or chessmen cookies.
Bananas – Ripe bananas which might be yellow and barely agency will maintain up the very best. Slice them proper earlier than layering in order that they don’t brown. Overripe bananas aren’t superb for this pudding, they’re higher suited to banana bread or banana cake.
Pudding Layer – That is the place the magic occurs. Cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk, and instantaneous vanilla pudding combine create a decadent creamy base. Make sure that you select instantaneous pudding combine (and never cooked pudding).
Whipped Cream – Contemporary whipped cream is greatest on this recipe nevertheless, whipped topping (like Cool Whip) will be substituted.
Skip the banana pudding combine on this recipe, the pretend banana taste overtakes the recipe. Go for vanilla pudding (with slightly contemporary vanilla extract in case you’d like) so the dessert has a contemporary banana taste.
Find out how to Make Banana Pudding
This recipe is a simple no-fuss dessert. Prep it forward of time and let it sit in a single day so the cookies soften.
- Combine Creamy Layer – Make the cream cheese/pudding combination (per the recipe under).
- Make Whipped Cream – Make selfmade whipped cream. Fold a few of it into the cream cheese combination.
- Layer the Banana Pudding – Layer cookies after which bananas in a 9×13 pan or two 9×9 pans. High with the cream cheese combination and at last the whipped cream.
- Refrigerate – Cowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4 hours or in a single day.
Ideas for Good Banana Pudding
- Dish: Use a 9×13 pan, two 9×9 pans, or a trifle bowl and serve with a spoon.
- Bananas: Fully cowl the layer of bananas with the pudding combination to maintain them from browning.
- Chill: Chill within the fridge for a minimum of 4 hours, however in a single day is best if attainable.
- Whipped Cream: I add a packet or two of stabilizer to my whipped cream which is a powder that retains your whipped cream from ‘wilting’ (attempt Dr. Oetker Whip it).
Make-Forward and Storage
Needless to say this banana pudding recipe wants to take a seat for a minimum of 4 hours however in a single day is certainly greatest!
Add the bananas on prime for garnish simply earlier than serving in order that they don’t brown. For those who’re going to depart them out for slightly bit, toss them with a little bit of lemon juice after slicing to maintain them from browning.
This recipe is greatest served the day after making it however will final a number of days within the fridge. The bananas might get a bit weepy however they’ll nonetheless style nice!
Did your loved ones love this Banana Pudding Recipe? Go away a score and a remark under!
Banana Pudding Recipe
Straightforward Banana Pudding is an old style no-bake recipe with layers of contemporary bananas, a wealthy and creamy vanilla pudding layer, and freshly whipped cream!
In a big bowl, mix the sweetened condensed milk and cream cheese. Use a hand mixer to beat till fluffy.
Add in pudding combine, milk, and vanilla. Proceed beating till properly mixed.
In a separate bowl, beat the heavy cream till comfortable peaks type. Add the powdered sugar and proceed beating till stiff peaks type.
Reserve 2 ½ cups of whipped cream for topping. Gently fold the remaining whipped cream into the pudding combination.
Line the underside of a 9×13-inch pan or two 9×9-inch pans with vanilla wafers, and prime with sliced bananas. Unfold the pudding combination over prime making certain the bananas are utterly lined.
High with the remaining whipped cream. Cowl and refrigerate 4 hours or in a single day.
Garnish with extra banana slices for serving if desired.
- Cookies Different choices for cookies are graham crackers, digestive biscuits, or chessmen cookies.
- Dish Use a 9×13 pan, two 9×9 pans, or a trifle dish. Serve with a spoon.
- Bananas Fully cowl the bananas with the opposite layers to maintain them from browning.
- Chill Permit the dessert to take a seat a minimum of 4 hours however in a single day is best if attainable. This softens the cookies.
Energy: 477 | Carbohydrates: 50g | Protein: 6g | Fats: 29g | Saturated Fats: 16g | Ldl cholesterol: 92mg | Sodium: 238mg | Potassium: 359mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 34g | Vitamin A: 1060IU | Vitamin C: 4.4mg | Calcium: 162mg | Iron: 0.2mg
Vitamin info supplied is an estimate and can range primarily based on cooking strategies and types of substances used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and images are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.